Dr. Abby C. Collier
Associate Professor of Pharmacology
B.Sc. University of Auckland 1998
- The Collier Lab is currently funded by the National Insitutes of Health Grants COBRE P20 GM103457, BRIDGES G12 MD007601, RMATRIX U54 MD007584 and the Chun Foundation
Our lab studies the metabolism and pharmacokinetics of endobiotics and xenobiotics (especially drugs) with particular emphasis on Phase II conjugative enzymes. Ongoing projects include:
- The development of hepatic metabolizing enzymes in children and its impact on adverse drug reactions, childhood development and maturation.
- The contribution of metabolizing enzymes in the fetus, placenta and maternal liver to pregnancy and fetal development.
- Metabolizing enzyme inhibition and its role in endocrine disruption, cancer, chronic disease and complications of pregnancy (birth defects).
- The effects of infection, inflammation and disease on drug metabolism in humans.